If you want to show off your favorite eye-catching necklace. The white prom dresses by Jovani are perfect to make your ideal eye-catching accessory to stand out. However, try to consider the occasion and style of the dress. A loose and flowing maxi dress would look better with a striking Bohemian necklace made of leather, crystal, and gorgeous pendants. A white satin dress would look better with a silver diamond necklace.
1) Try other types of flashy jewelry. If bulky large bulky necklaces are not your style, you can use other accessories. Long and chain diamonds are a good choice. You can also try a pair of candelabra bracelets or earrings. You can even stack different types of bracelets that combine to create a unique style with your white Jovani sequin dress!
2) Opt for metal accessories. Like shoes, you cannot go wrong with a silver belt or a golden handbag. However, if you are already wearing metal shoes, you must combine the color of the accessory with the shoe. For example, if you are going to wear golden sandals, you should wear a golden belt, not a silver one.
3) Give your attire a bohemian look with belts, bags and leather girdles. These combine well, especially with a long maxi dress. You can also take your outfit to the next level by adding some colorful jewelry with beads. If leather is not your style, you can also try any accessory beige, tan or brown.
4) Be bold with thick and wide belts and handbags. You cannot go wrong with a deep red, blue or pink strap. Complete the outfit with a matching clutch. This will help get rid of the monochrome and add a touch of color to the outfit. It is excellent if you want something subtle without appearing too dull or routine.
5) Match your dress with other clothes. White dresses may look a bit simple, but you can make your outfit stand out by placing other clothes on top in layers. You can use a solid color or even a printed one, make sure it matches the style of the dress. Below are some ideas:
If you like to keep things casual, combine the short white prom dress with a leather jacket and slippers and it will give a retro touch to your outfit.
Combine a sleeveless dress over a blouse with a collar. This will give you a classic style. Complete the outfit with a matching belt or a sweater.
Add a removable collar. If the necklace is sophisticated and with beads, you can even use it instead of a striking accessory.
Put on a scarf or a tiara that matches. If you have already put on a pair of shoes, a belt, a purse and still feel something is missing, try adding a tiara or a silk scarf.
6) Combine the white dresses with black shoes carefully. Black and white are a classic combination but can look very crude and austere. It is better to leave it for formal or nocturnal events. If you want to try on black shoes, try on a pair of low black boots with a summer dress. Balance the style with a handbag, a bracelet or a black belt.
Avoid wearing white shoes, unless it is an extreme emergency. They will make your outfit look too nuptial, monochromatic or like a nurse. If you want to wear white shoes, try a light silver color instead, or maybe some white pearl heels because white shoes are tough to combine with a white dress.
Tips for using your white prom dress
Apply the perfume before putting on the dress to avoid staining it.
Apply makeup after dressing. If you put it before, you risk running on the fabric.
Bring a whitening gel pen or stain remover in your wallet. This way, if your dress gets stained, you can treat it quickly!
As said in Earth 911’s 8 Green Wardrobe & Fashion Tips, be careful when using white during your sensitive days. Stains are very obvious!
White tends to become transparent when wet. When wearing a white dress, try not to go through irrigators, fountains, etc.
Never wear a white dress with your friends, since it is supposed to be a prom party and not a wedding simulation.